Sound and Physical Interaction (SOPI) research group is focusing on sound and its emerging role in designing new ways of interactions between humans through digital environments. The group’s mission is to investigate and integrate innovative research and activities in sound design, music and physical interaction practices on various levels to advance their roles and impact in the future of media and interactive art.
The scope of the SOPI research group includes all aspects of computational analysis, synthesis and processing as applied to sound in New Media practices; communication, audio-visual production, computer music and interactive art.
SOPI research focus areas include but not limited to;
– Embodied approaches to Sonic Interaction
– Multimodal Interaction
– Physical Interaction
– Participatory Music Experience
– Human Computer Interaction
– Mobile Music Technology and Performance Paradigms
– New Interfaces for Musical Expression
– Sound and Music Computing